Carnival of Monsters
|Story Code: PPP / Season 10||UK Airdate: 27 Jan to 17 Feb 1973|
|Doctor: Jon Pertwee||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Hong Kong||Apr 74||b/w|
|United Arab Emirates||74 or 75||PAL|
|New Zealand||Sep 75||PAL|
|Qatar||77 or 78||b/w|
- The story was dubbed into Arabic.
- It's not clear why this serial was not sold to Canada in 1976, along with other stories from this season.
- CONSPIRACY THEORY: One thought is that at the time (early 1976), the BBC did not hold a full set of PAL colour tapes of the serial (but they did have at least the broadcast version of episode two). The only full set of PAL tapes was held in Australia, of which part two was of a different and slightly longer edit. Those tapes (or copies) were subsequently returned to the BBC by the end of 1976, but too late for conversion to NTSC for the sale to Canada.
- Australia aired the serial in colour for the first time in May 78, using the extended version of part two that had been in storage there since 1973...
- The serial was issued in mid-1983, as part of a package of 14 full colour Jon Pertwee stories, and sold to the USA, with a subsequent sale further North:
|United States||from Jun 83||NTSC|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Carnival of Monsters
- Episode 1: The Tardis lands on a ship in the Indian Ocean in the year 1926.
- Episode 2: After being attacked by fellow passengers, Dr. Who and Jo escape the ship.
- Episode 3: The Drashigs attack the ship, and Dr. Who escapes—without Jo.
- Episode 4: Dr. Who struggles to save Jo from the Scope before it goes down.