Death to the Daleks
|Story Code: XXX / Season 11||UK Airdate: 23 Feb to 16 Mar 1974|
|Doctor: Jon Pertwee||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United Arab Emirates||74 or 75||PAL|
|Hong Kong||Jun 75||PAL|
|New Zealand||Aug 76||PAL|
|Saudi Arabia||Dec 81?||PAL|
- The serial was dubbed into Arabic.
- This story was telerecorded as a black and white film print for foreign sales, although the prints were never used.
- The Saudi Arabia TV station that screened the series, changed to PAL in 1979.
- This serial was the first colour Jon Pertwee serial to be received by New Zealand, and assessed by its censors. It had to sit "on the shelf" for a couple of years to wait until earlier Pertwee serials had been acquired and screened. Of course, by then, most of his stories had already been wiped and were no longer available in PAL...
- New Zealand sent the tapes (after making transmission copies) to Brunei on 18 February 1976. The serial screened in Brunei nearly a year later.
- Around this time the BBC lost its PAL copy of episode one. A copy was retrieved from Australia, but that was missing segments that had been cut by the censors. An NTSC copy was later recovered from Canada. A composite from the two formats was made to restore the PAL copy.
- The serial was reissued to the United States in mid-1983, as part of a package of 14 full colour Jon Pertwee stories.
|United States||from Jun 83||NTSC|
- In 1991, a complete set of PAL tapes - including an uncut copy of part one - was returned from the United Arab Emirates.
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: (if different)
- Episode 1: Dr. Who and Sarah touch down on a paradise, only to find that they are surrounded by hostile inhabitants and their ship's power source has been drained.
- Episode 2: The Daleks are forced to cooperate with the earth party—but not for long.
- Episode 3: The Doctor meets an unexpected ally who tells him the history of the Exxilons.
- Episode 4: