Frontier in Space
|Story Code: QQQ / Season 10||UK Airdate: 24 Feb to 31 Mar 1973|
|Doctor: Jon Pertwee||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Hong Kong||May 74||b/w|
|United Arab Emirates||74 or 75||PAL|
- The story was dubbed into Arabic
- Full PAL colour copies of the serial were sent to Australia along with b/w prints in 1973. The ABC planned to screen the story in b/w in 1973, with the repeat in colour in 1975. However, the repeat aired a year early, in b/w. The tapes went into storage and, basically, were forgotten about...
- Meanwhile at the BBC in London, soon after the 1974 sale to United Arab Emirates, the PAL tapes of parts one, two, three and six were wiped. They continued to sell the serial in black and white.
- When New Zealand purchased colour Pertwees in 74/75, the BBC said Frontier was no longer available in that format.
- When the serial was sold to Brunei in 1976 via BBC Sydney, the colour tapes were retrieved.
- In 1982, the ABC in Australia bought a repeat run of colour Pertwees. The colour tapes were again retrieved, by which time BBC London wanted them back.
- These tapes were subsequently returned to the BBC, but too late to be included in a package of full colour stories that had been sold to the United States.
- It was released again in early 1985, as part of a package of all 24 Jon Pertwee stories, and sold to:
|United States||from Mar 85||NTSC|
|New Zealand||Apr 86||PAL|