Planet of Giants
|Story Code: J / Season 2||UK Airdate: 31 Oct to 14 Nov 1964|
|Doctor: William Hartnell||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Rhodesia / Zimbabwe||Jul 66||b/w|
|Trinidad & Tobago||Aug 66||b/w|
|Hong Kong||Mar 67||b/w|
|New Zealand||Mar 68||b/w|
|Sierra Leone||Mar 68||b/w|
|Costa Rica||Jan 72||b/w|
- In mid-1967, New Zealand was sent the prints that had been used by the ABC in Australia.
- The New Zealand prints were destroyed on 14 July 1971.
- All three episodes with the Arabic soundtrack exist, and featured on the DVD of this story.
- A Spanish dub of part three is held by a collector. This may have been returned from Costa Rica.
- See Hartnell Junkings
- The serial was reissued by the BBC in late 1985, and sold to:
|United States||from Sep 85||b/w|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Planet of Giants
- Episode 1: The Doctor emerges from the Tardis to find that he is only one-inch tall.
- Episode 2:
- Episode 3:
- Compilation: The Doctor emerges from the Tardis to find that he is only one-inch tall. But this small inconvenience doesn't interfere with his efforts to keep an unprincipled manufacturer from distributing a dangerous insecticide.