Planet of the Spiders
|Story Code: ZZZ / Season 11||UK Airdate: 4 May to 8 Jun 1974|
|Doctor: Jon Pertwee||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Hong Kong||Aug 75||PAL|
|United Arab Emirates||75||PAL|
|New Zealand||May 77||PAL|
|Saudi Arabia||Feb 82?||PAL|
- The serial was dubbed into Arabic.
- This story was the last to be telerecorded as a black and white film print for foreign sales, although the prints were never used.
- In 1991, the United Arab Emirates returned some of its tapes to the BBC.
- The serial was issued in mid-1983, as part of a package of 14 full colour Jon Pertwee stories:
|United States||from Jun 83||NTSC|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Planet of the Spiders
- Episode 1: Sarah fears that the magical powers of the cult members could be dangerous.
- Episode 2: While searching for the crystal, Sarah accidentally stands on the mandala and ends up at Metabilis Three.
- Episode 3:
- Episode 4: Tommy discovers that by looking into the crystal he can read.
- Episode 5:
- Episode 6: Sarah, Tommy and Dr. Who escape with the crystal and take it back to K'anpo Rimpoche. WNED: The Doctor must risk death to return to the Cave of the Great One.