The Claws of Axos
|Story Code: GGG / Season 8||UK Airdate: 13 Mar to 3 Apr 1971|
|Doctor: Jon Pertwee||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United States||Oct 72||NTSC|
|Hong Kong||Mar 73||b/w|
|Saudi Arabia||Oct 77||b/w|
- The story was dubbed into Arabic.
- It was not sold anywhere in its original PAL format. The PAL tapes of eps 2 and 3 had been wiped by 1973.
- When a clip of The Claws of Axos was shown in Whose Doctor Who on April 3, 1977, a black & white kinescope was used as it was the best available copy.
- The NTSC tapes were recovered from Canada by April 1981.
- It was reissued to the United States in colour in 1983, as part of a package of 14 full colour Jon Pertwee stories.
- It was released again in early 1985, as part of a package of all 24 Jon Pertwee stories, and sold to: the United States, as a NTSC to PAL conversion in Australia (in Apr 86, for the first time in colour), and later again to Canada.
- It also screened for the first time in:
|New Zealand||Sep 85||N/PC|
US TV Guide descriptions (1970s Pertwees)
Title: The Claws of Axos
- Episode 1: Beware of humanoids bearing gifts.
- Episode 2: Unearthly humanoids have an unpleasant surprise for Dr. Who
- Episode 3: A search and destroy mission for Dr. Who and the Master.
- Episode 4: