The Monster of Peladon
|Story Code: YYY / Season 11||UK Airdate: 23 Mar to 27 Apr 1974|
|Doctor: Jon Pertwee||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Hong Kong||Jul 75||PAL|
|United Arab Emirates||75||PAL|
|New Zealand||Mar 77||PAL|
|Sierra Leone||79 or 82?||PAL|
|Sri Lanka||Jul 81||PAL|
|Saudi Arabia||Feb 82?||PAL|
- The serial was dubbed into Arabic.
- This story was telerecorded as a black and white film print for foreign sales, although the prints were never used.
- The serial was issued in mid-1983, as part of a package of 14 full colour Jon Pertwee stories, to the USA:
|United States||from Jun 83||NTSC|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Monster of Peladon
- Episode 1: A mechanical malfunction causes an unexpected hitch: Sarah and Dr. Who land on the planet Peladon 40 years later than expected.
- Episode 2: Ortron orders the capture and execution of the Doctor and the rebel leaders.
- Episode 3: The rebels train the sonic lance on the citadel and Eckersley calls for Federation reinforcements.
- Episode 4: The Peladonians unite to defend their planet against the Ice Warriors.
- Episode 5: The Ice Warriors trap Sarah and the Doctor.
- Episode 6: The Doctor turns the monster against the Ice Warriors, and the Peladonians get a new chancellor.