The Reign of Terror
|Story Code: H / Season 1||UK Airdate: 8 Aug to 12 Sep 1964|
|Doctor: William Hartnell||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Rhodesia / Zimbabwe||Jun 66||b/w|
|Trinidad & Tobago||Jul 66||b/w|
|Hong Kong||Jan 67||b/w|
|New Zealand||Jan 68||b/w|
|Sierra Leone||Jan 68||b/w|
- In mid-1967, New Zealand was sent the prints that had been used by the ABC in Australia. (The Reign of Terror was the first story in this consignment of 17 episodes.)
- The story was not dubbed for screening in any Spanish or Arabic language countries. And like Marco Polo, The Crusade and The Time Meddler, the negatives were not kept.
- The New Zealand prints were destroyed on 18 June 1971.
- Although the serial had not aired there, prints of parts one, two, three and six were subsequently found in Cyprus in late 1984.
- Prints of episodes 3 and 6 were later recovered in 1982 and 1985; these were Stored Field prints, but may have just been unused spares that the BBC had junked.
- See Hartnell Junkings