The Reign of Terror
|Story Code: H / Season 1||UK Airdate: 8 Aug to 12 Sep 1964|
|Doctor: William Hartnell||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Rhodesia / Zimbabwe||Jun 66||b/w|
|Trinidad & Tobago||Jul 66||b/w|
|Hong Kong||Jan 67||b/w|
|New Zealand||Jan 68||b/w|
|Sierra Leone||Jan 68||b/w|
- In mid-1967, New Zealand was sent the prints that had been used by the ABC in Australia. (The Reign of Terror was the first story in this consignment of 17 episodes.)
- The story was not dubbed for screening in any Spanish or Arabic language countries. And like Marco Polo, The Crusade and The Time Meddler, the negatives were not kept.
- The New Zealand prints were destroyed on 18 June 1971.
- Although the serial had not aired there, prints of parts one, two, three and six were subsequently found in Cyprus in late 1984.
- Prints of episodes 3 and 6 were later recovered in 1982 and 1985; these were Stored Field prints, but may have just been unused spares that the BBC had junked. But if they were returns from overseas, the only likely source is Sierra Leone, who returned all its prints to the BBC in 1974.
- See Hartnell Junkings