The Sontaran Experiment
|Story Code: 4B / Season 12||UK Airdate: 22 Feb to 1 Mar 1975|
|Doctor: Tom Baker||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United Arab Emirates||76?||PAL|
|Hong Kong||Dec 76||PAL|
|New Zealand||Mar 78||PAL|
|United States*||Sep 78||NTSC|
|Puerto Rico||Nov 79?||NTSC|
|Costa Rica||Feb 80||NTSC|
|Rhodesia / Zimbabwe||Oct 80||b/w|
- (*) The US date is based on the airdates for WTEV, which was the first US station to screen the initial package of 98 Tom Baker episodes.
- This story was dubbed into Spanish, Arabic, Italian, French and Galician.
- This story was often shown after Robot and before The Ark in Space, the stories being screened in production code order.
- The story was reissued in the mid-1980s, during the THIRD WAVE of sales.
|Sri Lanka||Jun 84?||PAL|
|Korea (South)||Mar 86||NTSC|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: The Sontaran Experiment
- Part 1: Harry and Sarah walk into a trap on uninhabited planet Earth.
- Part 2: Styre challenges Dr. Who to a duel.