The Time Meddler
|Story Code: S / Season 2||UK Airdate: 3 Jul to 24 Jul 1965|
|Doctor: William Hartnell||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|New Zealand||Nov 68||b/w|
|Sierra Leone||Nov 68||b/w|
|Nigeria (again)||Jun 73?||b/w|
- Unlike all the previous serials, this was not sold to Ethiopia...
- Like The Web Planet, this serial was sold 'twice' to Nigeria, but to different broadcasters.
- New Zealand sent its prints of the serial to Nigeria on 2 March 1973. The prints had been cut by the NZ censors.
- By 1974, the BBC was still offering this serial in a package of Hartnell stories that included The Space Museum and Galaxy 4.
- The ABC in Australia returned its prints to the BBC on 4 June 1975.
- The ex-NZ prints were recovered from Nigeria in the mid-1980s. It was found that the opening five minutes set in the TARDIS was missing from part one. It is unlikely that this cut was made in New Zealand, in which case the cut was made in Nigeria. An alternative thought is that the BBC supplied Nigeria with a different copy of part one (perhaps as part of the initial sales "audition" process?); like the edits made to part two of Inside the Spaceship and to parts one and six of The Web Planet, this edit may have been made by the BBC to reflect that the preceding and/or following story, in this case The Chase, was not part of the package.
- A second uncut set of prints for episodes 1 and 3 were later returned; possibly from Mauritius, Sierra Leone or Jamaica, or just an unused spare set the BBC had junked? The BBC still held prints in late 1976 - are these the very same prints?
- See Hartnell Junkings
- The newly-recovered serial was quickly released for sale to:
|United States||from Sep 85||b/w|