(Redirected from WNED)
|Network: PBS||Channel(s): 17|
|First airing: 1977||Last airing: 1990|
== AIRDATES ==
- 25 October 1977: WNED screened Doctor Who, weeknights at 6:30pm in tandem with WXXI (from 1977 through until 1987). It was during screenings of the Jon Pertwee stories in 1977/78 that off-air recordings were made which were later instrumental in the reconstruction from black and white back into colour.
- 1979: The series airs weeknights at 6:00pm.
- 8 January 1980: Two complete runs of the Tom Baker stories begin. The episodes are shown out of order.
- 22 May 1980: The series takes the summer off.
- 29 November 1982: The Tom Baker stories begin again, this time in the proper order.
- 19 March 1983 : Once Upon a Time Lord airs as an introduction to the Peter Davison series, due to start the following Saturday. It was preceded by all six parts of Genesis of the Daleks.
- 26 March 1983: Peter Davison stories commence in movie format on Saturday afternoons. Repeats of older serial continue screening weekdays.
- 5 September 1983: The weekday slot moves to 11:00pm.
- 23 November 1983: The Invisible Enemy 2 airs in its normal rotation. The Five Doctors doesn't air until 4 December.
- 1984: The weekday slot moves back to 6:00pm.
- 6 April 1984: The Tom Baker stories begin.
- 17 December 1984: The 17-story package of Jon Pertwee stories begins.
- 10 October 1986: The weekday episodic re-runs come to an end in the fall of 1986 with part six of The Invasion of Time.
- From Saturday, 11 October 1986, only "movie" format editions screen (starting with The Ribos Operation).
- 13 December 1986: During a pledge drive, WNED screens Revelation of the Daleks, the Doctor Who's Who's Who documentary and An Unearthly Child. The 17 repackaged William Hartnell stories commence on Saturday afternoons.
- 7,14,21,28 March 1987: Part-way through the run of William Hartnell stories, WNED screens The Trial of a Time Lord, as four "movie-length" installments.
- 1987 WNED completes its screening of the William Hartnell stories, and commences the Patrick Troughton stories.
- 13 and 20 June 1987: The Seeds of Death screens, split into two "movies".
- 27 June and 4 July 1987: The War Games screens, split into two "movies".
- March 1988: During the "FESTIVAL 88", on 8 March at 8.00pm and 12 March at 3.15pm, WNED aired Time and the Rani, plus an interview with Sylvester McCoy (See CLIP below).
- 13 August 1988 The first season of Sylvester McCoy stories air.
- 1989: The 17 repackaged William Hartnell stories are played for the second time, on Saturdays at 4.00pm.
- 24 February 1990: Doctor Who ends with The Making of Doctor Who.